The Maryland Jockey Club has unveiled the 2011 Preakness logo for the 136th running of the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I), to be run Saturday, May 21, 2011 at Pimlico Race Course.
Surging Against the Sky opened up a two-length lead in the stretch and held off favored Lady Raj in the final stages to win her sixth straight race in the $115,036 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Hastings Park in British Columbia Oct. 11.
The Maryland Jockey Club unveiled the 2007 Preakness logo Oct. 4. The 132nd running of the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I), the middle jewel of the Triple Crown, is set for May 19 at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows