John Hendrickson and Marylou Whitney donated $10,000 to the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association during the 54th annual awards dinner at The Derby restaurant in Arcadia, Ca. Oct. 30.
The National Turf Writers and Broadcasters will honor jockey Ramon Dominguez, racing benefactors Marylou Whitney and John Hendrickson, broadcaster Jack Whitaker, and sportswriter Bob Fortus at its 54th awards dinner Oct. 30.
New Orleans-based Turf writer Bob Fortus of the Times-Picayune to be inducted into the Press Box Hall of Fame at Fair Grounds Jan. 18.
David Grening of Daily Racing Form and Bob Fortus of The Times-Picayune in New Orleans earned top honors as the New York Racing Association announced the winners of the inaugural Joe Hirsch Memorial Writing Contest.
The Maryland Jockey Club April 23 announced the winners of this year's Preakness media awards. Honorees will be recognized and awards will be presented at the May 14 Alibi Breakfast in the Terrace Dining Room at Pimlico Race Course. The ceremony is scheduled for 9:30 a.m., two days prior to the middle jewel of the Triple Crown, the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection