John Hendrickson and Marylou Whitney donated $10,000 to the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association during the 54th annual awards dinner at The Derby restaurant in Arcadia, Ca. Oct. 30.
The National Turf Writers and Broadcasters will honor jockey Ramon Dominguez, racing benefactors Marylou Whitney and John Hendrickson, broadcaster Jack Whitaker, and sportswriter Bob Fortus at its 54th awards dinner Oct. 30.
New Orleans-based Turf writer Bob Fortus of the Times-Picayune to be inducted into the Press Box Hall of Fame at Fair Grounds Jan. 18.
David Grening of Daily Racing Form and Bob Fortus of The Times-Picayune in New Orleans earned top honors as the New York Racing Association announced the winners of the inaugural Joe Hirsch Memorial Writing Contest.
The Maryland Jockey Club April 23 announced the winners of this year's Preakness media awards. Honorees will be recognized and awards will be presented at the May 14 Alibi Breakfast in the Terrace Dining Room at Pimlico Race Course. The ceremony is scheduled for 9:30 a.m., two days prior to the middle jewel of the Triple Crown, the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies