Examining a widely held hypothesis that Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners are not taken as seriously as potential commercial stallions as winners of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) or Preakness Stakes (gr. I), or both.
All systems are go for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. Auction company officials are upbeat and buyers seem eager to shop.
DataTrack International, a company that that quantifies speed, stride length, and motion analysis at juvenile auctions, recently announced the results of a study of sale 2-year-olds that looked at the types of surfaces over which the horses were breezed during under tack shows and then followed how they performed in races over synthetic and dirt tracks.
Bob Fierro, former president of Lexington-based Equix Biomechanics, announced he is heading a new horse analyzing company, DataTrack International, controlled by former Equix partners Anne and Don Rudder.
The co-owners of Equix Biomechanics have parted ways, with former Equix president Bob Fierro leaving to help form a new company.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll