Quality Road, whose exploits have been followed closely since his traumatic encounter with the starting gate before the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) cleared a major hurdle Wednesday, schooling at Belmont to the satisfaction of trainer Todd Pletcher and starter Bob Duncan.
Quality Road, who was forced to scratch from the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) after suffering minor injuries during a bad incident at the starting gate, arrived safely at Todd Pletcher's barn at Belmont Park at 6 a.m. Tuesday following an uneventful cross-country van ride from Santa Anita.
- By Claire Novak
The New York Racing Association has replaced starter Richard Brosseau and has promoted Roy Williamson to the position of starter following a rash of starting gate incidents at Saratoga Race Course.
New York-breds thunder into the spotlight Sunday at Belmont Park with another renewal of the New York Stallion Stakes' Spectacular Bid and Cupecoy's Joy Divisions, and trainer Gary Contessa will take a shot at winning both races.
His connections hope that Rock Hard Ten, who threw a fit prior to being loaded into the starting gate for last week's Preakness (gr. I), could improve on his second-place finish in the race with some improved etiquette in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares