The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Monday that Cash is King Racing Stable -- owner of dual classic winner Afleet Alex -- has been honored with the Special Eclipse Award. The Special Eclipse is presented to "honor outstanding individual achievements in, or contributions to, the sport of Thoroughbred racing."
Bob Brittingham couldn't help but shake his head and smile. It was one of those shakes when something almost too good to be true is happening, and one of those wry smiles people get when they are on a roll.
Bob Brittingham, one of the owners of Afleet Alex, doesn't watch the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) replay anymore. He has seen enough. Now, he's looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the third leg of the Triple Crown.
Whether or not he wins an Eclipse Award as top 2-year-old male of 2004, Afleet Alex has his fans as he prepares to embark on his 3-year-old campaign.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park