Robert L. Bork, president and general manager of Sam Houston Race Park, was elected the 33rd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting March 12. Bork succeeded Corey S. Johnsen, former president of Lone Star Park at the conclusion of his two-year term as TRA president.
The NTRA Charities Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund announced it has disbursed $56,121 to more than 50 former riders who are permanently disabled as a result of injuries sustained while riding at North American racetracks.
A Sam Houston Race Park management team has received the green light from the Texas Racing Commission to begin applying for a license to operate a Class 2 racetrack in southwest Texas.
More than 50 racetracks and racing associations in the United States, as well as all facilities in Canada, have eliminated cancel delays for tote tickets, but more than 20 in the U.S. have failed to comply with the request from the Thoroughbred Racing Associations.
A dispute between the New York Racing Association and the Southern Buying Cooperative over 2001 simulcast contracts has halted Aqueduct's signal from being shown in six states.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut