Boat Trip, a multiple stakes-winning son of Harlan's Holiday, will enter stud in 2016 at Running Horse Equine Center near Stevinson, Calif. The fee will be $2,500, with a no fee option.
Photos from Hollywood, Hong Kong, Calder, Gulfstream, Parx, Golden Gate, Laurel Park and more. View Slideshow
Boat Trip earned his fourth win in five tries on the Hollywood Park turf when he came from off the pace to capture the Hollywood Turf Express, a race that featured an extremely rare triple dead-heat for second Dec. 8.
All trainers want to win big races for their owners, but in Mike Pender's case, it would be especially sweet to win the Geico Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) for B.J. Wright with Jeranimo or Boat Trip.
Despite the 2012 winner, Mizdirection, returning to try for a double, a full field of 14 entered the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) Nov. 2. Mizdirection, who won last year from post 11, drew the 12 hole this time around.
Chips All In, back on his favored Santa Anita turf course, staved off the late-charging Boat Trip by a nose to capture the $101,750 Eddie D Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the opening day of the autumn meet Sept. 27 in Arcadia, Calif.
With 18 entrants, Del Mar will kick off its 73rd summer season with split divisions of the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes, the seaside track's traditional opening day feature.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season