Horses sired by New York stallions will be the center of attention Sunday at Aqueduct when the track hosts another New York Stallion Series.
Saturday's $250,000 Empire Classic, the marquee race on New York Showcase Day at Belmont Park, is so wide open that Rudina Stable's filly Board Elligible, has a big shot in a field of 15.
Michael Paulson's Azeri, a three-time champion who became North America's all-time richest female in winning the Aug. 1 Go for Wand Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga, was assigned top weight of 122 pounds in Friday's $400,000 Personal Ensign Handicap (gr. I).
The champion mare Azeri can become the all-time top-earning mare in North American racing with a victory in the $250,000 Go for Wand Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Sunday. But to do so, she'll have to overcome Sightseek, who trounced her in their most recent start in the Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park June 19.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014