Robert Costigan's Inish Glora, last year's Sovereign Award winner as Canada's top female turfer, takes on a select group of five rivals, including stakes-winning shippers Ocean Drive and Dyna Da Wyna, Saturday at Woodbine in the featured $272,250 Nassau Stakes (Can-III).
Wednesday's $100,000-added Bewitch (gr. III) features an overflow field of well-matched fillies and mares set to compete over 1 1/2 miles on Keeneland's turf course.
German-bred Meridiana, a disappointment in the United States last year after winning the Italian Oaks (Ity-I) in May, took a big step forward with a front-running victory in the $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday at 12 furlongs on the Gulfstream Park turf course.
Ocean Silk, who finished second in the Feb. 28 Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park last time out, has been installed as the 3-1 morning line favorite for Sunday's $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream.
Five-year-old Gerrman-bred mare Binya won her second straight in the United States Saturday at Gulfstream Park, recording a sharp 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap