Robert Costigan's Inish Glora, last year's Sovereign Award winner as Canada's top female turfer, takes on a select group of five rivals, including stakes-winning shippers Ocean Drive and Dyna Da Wyna, Saturday at Woodbine in the featured $272,250 Nassau Stakes (Can-III).
Wednesday's $100,000-added Bewitch (gr. III) features an overflow field of well-matched fillies and mares set to compete over 1 1/2 miles on Keeneland's turf course.
German-bred Meridiana, a disappointment in the United States last year after winning the Italian Oaks (Ity-I) in May, took a big step forward with a front-running victory in the $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday at 12 furlongs on the Gulfstream Park turf course.
Ocean Silk, who finished second in the Feb. 28 Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park last time out, has been installed as the 3-1 morning line favorite for Sunday's $200,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream.
Five-year-old Gerrman-bred mare Binya won her second straight in the United States Saturday at Gulfstream Park, recording a sharp 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award