French agent Nicholas de Watrigant saw off the Kentucky-based agent David Ingordo and Tomoyuki Nakamura to secure the 10-year-old mare for $2,872,190.
Darrell and Lendy Brown have agreed to sell their Stonereath Farm near Paris, Ky., to German breeder Christoph Berglar.
Undefeated New Mexico-bred Peppers Pride, on the verge of tying the record of 16 consecutive victories held jointly by Citation, Cigar, Mister Frisky, and Hallowed Dreams, is set to make her next start April 26 at SunRay Park in Farmington, NM.
Porter on Pedigrees Several state-bred fillies have taken advantage of restricted programs to run up some impressive win streaks in recent years. Louisiana-bred Hallowed Dreams won her first 16 starts, 10 of which came in events contested only by state-breds. Another Louisiana-bred " Happy Ticket, foaled four years after Hallowed Dreams " took nine straight, the first seven against state-breds. Now we have Peppers Pride, who has taken her record to a perfect 13, so far.
Few horses live up to their name as well as Blush With Pride. Already one of Blushing Groom's best racing daughter with four graded stakes victories, the daughter of Best in Show has gone to excel as a producer, especially when crossed with the Northern Dancer line.
Peeping Fawn effectively reversed the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) form with a decisive 3 1/2-length victory over Light Shift in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Blush With Pride, the first of four grade/group I winners from Blushing Groom's landmark first crop, died Aug. 16 in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field