Dancing Band, a 4-year-old daughter of Dixieland Band, brought $250,000 to top Monday's concluding session of the Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale at the Lexington pavilion.
Tomahawk, a $2.5 million Keeneland July yearling and an Irish champion 2-year-old, will enter stud at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada, for a fee of $8,500 (Canadian funds).
Some of those who knew legendary jockey Bill Shoemaker the best remembered him today. Shoemaker died Sunday at age 72.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions