Duke of Mischief, sent off at 13-1 in the June 26 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows, took the lead on the turn and rolled to a five-length victory in the 1 1/16-mile race for 3-year-olds.
William K. Taylor, a former general manager at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., died Tuesday in Lexington at age 87.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Gains Posted at Doncaster Premier Sale
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward