Harrah's Entertainment Inc., which is being bought by private equity firms in a $17.1 billion deal, said May 8 its first-quarter earnings edged up 2%, as higher Las Vegas and Atlantic City revenue offset increased operating costs.
Harrah's Entertainment Inc. shareholders approved a $17.1 billion buyout by two private equity groups April 5 in the largest deal ever to take a publicly held casino company private, officials said.
The Red Mile expects to offer at least $100,000 in purses when Quarter Horse racing returns to Kentucky for the first time in more than 10 years July 3-4 at the Lexington racetrack.
Legislation authorizing Quarter Horse racing and simulcasting has been introduced in the Kentucky House of Representatives.
Quarter Horse racing ended in Kentucky nearly 15 years ago, but members of the American Quarter Horse Association met June 10 in Louisville to discuss how to bring the sport back to the Bluegrass state.
Kentucky's racing industry is at the very least intrigued that two Standardbred racetracks plan to ask the Kentucky Racing Commission for permission to simulcast Quarter Horse races. But there is some question as to whether the plan will fly.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks