Harrah's Entertainment Inc., which is being bought by private equity firms in a $17.1 billion deal, said May 8 its first-quarter earnings edged up 2%, as higher Las Vegas and Atlantic City revenue offset increased operating costs.
Harrah's Entertainment Inc. shareholders approved a $17.1 billion buyout by two private equity groups April 5 in the largest deal ever to take a publicly held casino company private, officials said.
The Red Mile expects to offer at least $100,000 in purses when Quarter Horse racing returns to Kentucky for the first time in more than 10 years July 3-4 at the Lexington racetrack.
- By Tom LaMarra
Legislation authorizing Quarter Horse racing and simulcasting has been introduced in the Kentucky House of Representatives.
Quarter Horse racing ended in Kentucky nearly 15 years ago, but members of the American Quarter Horse Association met June 10 in Louisville to discuss how to bring the sport back to the Bluegrass state.
Kentucky's racing industry is at the very least intrigued that two Standardbred racetracks plan to ask the Kentucky Racing Commission for permission to simulcast Quarter Horse races. But there is some question as to whether the plan will fly.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Count 27 OBS Grads