Harrah's Entertainment Inc., which is being bought by private equity firms in a $17.1 billion deal, said May 8 its first-quarter earnings edged up 2%, as higher Las Vegas and Atlantic City revenue offset increased operating costs.
Harrah's Entertainment Inc. shareholders approved a $17.1 billion buyout by two private equity groups April 5 in the largest deal ever to take a publicly held casino company private, officials said.
The Red Mile expects to offer at least $100,000 in purses when Quarter Horse racing returns to Kentucky for the first time in more than 10 years July 3-4 at the Lexington racetrack.
- By Tom LaMarra
Legislation authorizing Quarter Horse racing and simulcasting has been introduced in the Kentucky House of Representatives.
Quarter Horse racing ended in Kentucky nearly 15 years ago, but members of the American Quarter Horse Association met June 10 in Louisville to discuss how to bring the sport back to the Bluegrass state.
Kentucky's racing industry is at the very least intrigued that two Standardbred racetracks plan to ask the Kentucky Racing Commission for permission to simulcast Quarter Horse races. But there is some question as to whether the plan will fly.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale