Sam-Son Farm's homebred Deceptive Vision just held over traffic-troubled Lunar Surge in the $100,000 Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) April 17 at Keeneland, winning her first graded stakes race on the dirt.
Daddy's Kid could be the class play as he takes on eight opponents in the $200,00 John B. Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park the night of Jan. 24. Also on the bill is the $400,000 Houston Ladies Classic.
Natalie Victoria and Majestic River, who each registered listed stakes wins at Monmouth Park in their previous starts, are to face one another for the first time in the Molly Pitcher Stakes (gr. II) July 27 at Monmouth.
After posting an upset victory in this year's Rampart Stakes, Gamay Noir will try to secure her second grade III win of the season when she faces an expected field of seven other fillies and mares in the Obeah Stakes June 14.
Repole Stables' favored Unlimited Budget kept her record perfect when she easily captured the Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) by 3 3/4 lengths over 20-1 shot Promise Me More at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking