Sidelined after sustaining multiple spinal fractures and a collapsed lung during a spill at Los Alamitos Race Course Sept. 17, jockey Flavien Prat registered his first win on the comeback trail Dec. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Mambo Slew rallied from slightly off the pace and drew clear for a three-length victory in the $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Wednesday at Santa Anita Park.
It took nine days, but trainer Bobby Frankel notched his first stakes win of the year when Megahertz rallied from the back of the field to win Wednesday's $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita. Last year, Frankel-trained horses won 49 stakes races, 37 of them graded.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga