Sidelined after sustaining multiple spinal fractures and a collapsed lung during a spill at Los Alamitos Race Course Sept. 17, jockey Flavien Prat registered his first win on the comeback trail Dec. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Mambo Slew rallied from slightly off the pace and drew clear for a three-length victory in the $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Wednesday at Santa Anita Park.
It took nine days, but trainer Bobby Frankel notched his first stakes win of the year when Megahertz rallied from the back of the field to win Wednesday's $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita. Last year, Frankel-trained horses won 49 stakes races, 37 of them graded.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications