Sidelined after sustaining multiple spinal fractures and a collapsed lung during a spill at Los Alamitos Race Course Sept. 17, jockey Flavien Prat registered his first win on the comeback trail Dec. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Mambo Slew rallied from slightly off the pace and drew clear for a three-length victory in the $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Wednesday at Santa Anita Park.
It took nine days, but trainer Bobby Frankel notched his first stakes win of the year when Megahertz rallied from the back of the field to win Wednesday's $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita. Last year, Frankel-trained horses won 49 stakes races, 37 of them graded.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Taris Will Cut Back for Humana Distaff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016