Sidelined after sustaining multiple spinal fractures and a collapsed lung during a spill at Los Alamitos Race Course Sept. 17, jockey Flavien Prat registered his first win on the comeback trail Dec. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Mambo Slew rallied from slightly off the pace and drew clear for a three-length victory in the $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Wednesday at Santa Anita Park.
It took nine days, but trainer Bobby Frankel notched his first stakes win of the year when Megahertz rallied from the back of the field to win Wednesday's $76,300 Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita. Last year, Frankel-trained horses won 49 stakes races, 37 of them graded.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Itsinthepost Goes Long in Elkhorn Stakes
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day