The Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s April spring 2-year-olds in training sale lost some of its star power during the April 22 closing session when Hip 1102, a striking Tapit colt, was a late withdrawal.
Dynamic Impact continued trainer Mark Casse's big spring April 19, edging 2-5 favorite Midnight Hawk by the narrowest of noses in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Hawthorne Race Course.
Agent Steven W. Young went to $235,000 to acquire a Speightstown colt to top the early portion of the October 21 session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
Irish-bred grade III winner Oregon Lady, a daughter of Shamardal, fetched the second-highest price of the day thus far at the Jan. 8 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she was bought for $475,000.
Graded stakes winner Now I Know, who was retired in mid-February after fracturing her left front knee, has been purchased privately by Bonnie Baskin to become a broodmare.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- PA Report Shows Impact of Slots on Purses