The stakes-winning filly Burgeis brought Aust$310,000 ($256,525 in U.S. funds) Aug. 13 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne August mixed sale in Australia. James Bester Bloodstock purchased the 4-year-old daughter of Catbird from Blue Gum Farm.
The Inglis Premier Yearling Sale in Victoria, Australia, is always seen as the main preliminary event on the under card to the April Easter Yearling Sale, also conducted by Inglis. If day one of Premier was a precursor of things to come, Easter should be mind blowing.
One of Australia's favored sons, Elvstroem, known down under as "Elvis" and winner of more than Aus$5 million (U.S. $3.8 million), will stand at stud this year during the southern hemisphere season at a fee of $35,000 (U.S. $28,000) it was announced Friday.
Victoria's leading Thoroughbred nursery, Blue Gum Farm of Euroa, has announced the acquisition of a 50% stake in multi-millionaire galloper Elvstroem.
The second and final day of the select part of Melbourne's Inglis premier yearling sale told us all one thing--Encosta de Lago is something very rare and special.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog