Records in gross, average, and median were realized on day three of the Inglis premier yearling sale March 3 in Melbourne, with trading led by a pair of fillies each sold for the day's top price.
The stakes-winning filly Burgeis brought Aust$310,000 ($256,525 in U.S. funds) Aug. 13 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne August mixed sale in Australia. James Bester Bloodstock purchased the 4-year-old daughter of Catbird from Blue Gum Farm.
The Inglis Premier Yearling Sale in Victoria, Australia, is always seen as the main preliminary event on the under card to the April Easter Yearling Sale, also conducted by Inglis. If day one of Premier was a precursor of things to come, Easter should be mind blowing.
One of Australia's favored sons, Elvstroem, known down under as "Elvis" and winner of more than Aus$5 million (U.S. $3.8 million), will stand at stud this year during the southern hemisphere season at a fee of $35,000 (U.S. $28,000) it was announced Friday.
Victoria's leading Thoroughbred nursery, Blue Gum Farm of Euroa, has announced the acquisition of a 50% stake in multi-millionaire galloper Elvstroem.
The second and final day of the select part of Melbourne's Inglis premier yearling sale told us all one thing--Encosta de Lago is something very rare and special.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup