The stakes-winning filly Burgeis brought Aust$310,000 ($256,525 in U.S. funds) Aug. 13 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne August mixed sale in Australia. James Bester Bloodstock purchased the 4-year-old daughter of Catbird from Blue Gum Farm.
The Inglis Premier Yearling Sale in Victoria, Australia, is always seen as the main preliminary event on the under card to the April Easter Yearling Sale, also conducted by Inglis. If day one of Premier was a precursor of things to come, Easter should be mind blowing.
One of Australia's favored sons, Elvstroem, known down under as "Elvis" and winner of more than Aus$5 million (U.S. $3.8 million), will stand at stud this year during the southern hemisphere season at a fee of $35,000 (U.S. $28,000) it was announced Friday.
Victoria's leading Thoroughbred nursery, Blue Gum Farm of Euroa, has announced the acquisition of a 50% stake in multi-millionaire galloper Elvstroem.
The second and final day of the select part of Melbourne's Inglis premier yearling sale told us all one thing--Encosta de Lago is something very rare and special.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp