Triple Crown winner American Pharoah arrived on the Keeneland backstretch Oct. 27 to begin final preparations for his final career start in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Oct. 31 at Keeneland.
Champion Beholder arrived in the bluegrass on a sun-splashed afternoon Oct. 19, 11 days before her engagement in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and a showdown with Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
A quick hello from the Triple Crown champ at Blue Grass Airport en route to NY for the Travers Stakes (gr. I). watch video
By Michael Gobb - Despite Keeneland's importance to the global equine industry, its allure to tourists, and its numerous charitable contributions, many in Central Kentucky may not fully realize the value of having Keeneland as a neighbor and community partner. Blue Grass Airport experienced Keeneland's generosity firsthand Aug. 27.
A memorial service for George Brunacini, Dan Mallory, and Jeff Williams will be held Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. at the Kentucky Horse Center. It will take place in the administrator's office. Lunch will be served following the service.
A memorial service has been scheduled for Dan Mallory who was among the 49 passengers who perished in the crash of Comair flight 5191 at Blue Grass Airport Aug. 27.
Johannesburg and Castle Gandolfo finally arrived in Kentucky on Tuesday. The horses stepped off a chartered plane and on to a partitioned ramp at Blue Grass Airport about 6:10 p.m. EDT, and were immediately loaded into a horse van for the short drive to a quarantine barn at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders