A quick hello from the Triple Crown champ at Blue Grass Airport en route to NY for the Travers Stakes (gr. I). watch video
By Michael Gobb - Despite Keeneland's importance to the global equine industry, its allure to tourists, and its numerous charitable contributions, many in Central Kentucky may not fully realize the value of having Keeneland as a neighbor and community partner. Blue Grass Airport experienced Keeneland's generosity firsthand Aug. 27.
A memorial service for George Brunacini, Dan Mallory, and Jeff Williams will be held Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. at the Kentucky Horse Center. It will take place in the administrator's office. Lunch will be served following the service.
A memorial service has been scheduled for Dan Mallory who was among the 49 passengers who perished in the crash of Comair flight 5191 at Blue Grass Airport Aug. 27.
Johannesburg and Castle Gandolfo finally arrived in Kentucky on Tuesday. The horses stepped off a chartered plane and on to a partitioned ramp at Blue Grass Airport about 6:10 p.m. EDT, and were immediately loaded into a horse van for the short drive to a quarantine barn at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- That Handicapping Show: The Travers Stakes
- HRRN to Provide Live Coverage of Travers Card
- American Pharoah Arrives at Saratoga
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers
- Messara Keynote Speaker at IFHA Conference