Favored Vermilion, Japan's champion dirt horse last year, dominated the field in his debut for 2008 with a 1 3/4-length win in the February Stakes (Jpn-I) at Tokyo racecourse Feb. 24 before a crowd of 53,029.
Sunrise Bacchus, a son of Hennessy with several grade I placings over the dirt course at Tokyo, finally broke through for a well deserved win in the February Stakes (Jpn-I) held at Fuchu racecourse Sunday in front of a crowd of more than 50,000 people.
Favored Kane Hekili, the Japan Racing Association Dirt Horse of the Year in 2005, proved too strong for his rivals in Sunday's February Stakes (Jpn-I) held at Fuchu racecourse in Tokyo in front of a crowd of more than 60,000 people.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages