Lenny Shulman reflects on Allen Jerkens, California Chrome, and talks with bloodstock agent Donato Lanni. Lanni, who was buying agent for Dortmund, explains what he looks for at sales. Presented by Hill 'n' Dale Stallions watch video
Richard "Dick" Lossen, well-known bloodstock agent, died Feb. 3, in Lexington. He was 76. Lossen spent more than 40 years as an owner, breeder, adviser, and agent.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
Highly respected bloodstock agent Baden P. "Buzz" Chace, 72, died Aug. 18 after a short battle with brain cancer. He had been diagnosed with cancer a month ago.
Larry Zap provides some insight on the yearling market at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale July 10.
Everyone has a niche, but Bradley sells horses, seasons; plans matings; pinhooks...and puts together partnerships read blog
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The Jockey Club of England apparently is poised to clamp down on the fleecing of horse owners by banning agents and trainers found to be in serious violation of an industry code of ethics from the country's 59 racecourses.
Hall of Fame jockey Eddie Delahoussaye, who retired on Jan.13 due to injuries suffered in a spill at Del Mar last Aug. 30, was a visitor Wednesday at Santa Anita where he said he has embarked on a career as a bloodstock agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience