Edward L. Bowen's latest book, "Legacies of the Turf: A Century of Great Thoroughbred Breeders (Vol. 1)", has been selected as a finalist for ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year Award in the sports category. "Legacies of the Turf", which tells the stories of the powerhouse dynasties that dominated horse racing in the early to mid-twentieth century, is published by Eclipse Press, a division of Blood-Horse Publications, a multimedia publishing company that traces its roots to 1916.
Blood-Horse Publications announces the acquisition of a new 46,000 square-foot building, located at 3101 Beaumont Centre Circle on land that was originally part of the historic 4,000-acre Beaumont Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Sea The Stars Filly Tops Day 2 of Orby Sale
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing