Edward L. Bowen's latest book, "Legacies of the Turf: A Century of Great Thoroughbred Breeders (Vol. 1)", has been selected as a finalist for ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year Award in the sports category. "Legacies of the Turf", which tells the stories of the powerhouse dynasties that dominated horse racing in the early to mid-twentieth century, is published by Eclipse Press, a division of Blood-Horse Publications, a multimedia publishing company that traces its roots to 1916.
Blood-Horse Publications announces the acquisition of a new 46,000 square-foot building, located at 3101 Beaumont Centre Circle on land that was originally part of the historic 4,000-acre Beaumont Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure