Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
ClassicStar, a venture that involves the leasing of mares, is continuing to operate after an announcement that David Plummer and his son, Spencer, are no longer associated with the outfit.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
Bless, a full sister to Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus in foal to leading sire Storm Cat was expected to bring a big price at Tuesday's session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale. Consigned by Stone Farm, as agent for Stone Farm owner Arthur Hancock III and Stonerside Stable, the 3-year-old mare was the object of spirited bidding until she was hammered down to Classic Star for $4-million.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup