Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
ClassicStar, a venture that involves the leasing of mares, is continuing to operate after an announcement that David Plummer and his son, Spencer, are no longer associated with the outfit.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
Bless, a full sister to Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus in foal to leading sire Storm Cat was expected to bring a big price at Tuesday's session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale. Consigned by Stone Farm, as agent for Stone Farm owner Arthur Hancock III and Stonerside Stable, the 3-year-old mare was the object of spirited bidding until she was hammered down to Classic Star for $4-million.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky