Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
ClassicStar, a venture that involves the leasing of mares, is continuing to operate after an announcement that David Plummer and his son, Spencer, are no longer associated with the outfit.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
Bless, a full sister to Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus in foal to leading sire Storm Cat was expected to bring a big price at Tuesday's session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale. Consigned by Stone Farm, as agent for Stone Farm owner Arthur Hancock III and Stonerside Stable, the 3-year-old mare was the object of spirited bidding until she was hammered down to Classic Star for $4-million.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another