Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
ClassicStar, a venture that involves the leasing of mares, is continuing to operate after an announcement that David Plummer and his son, Spencer, are no longer associated with the outfit.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
Bless, a full sister to Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus in foal to leading sire Storm Cat was expected to bring a big price at Tuesday's session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale. Consigned by Stone Farm, as agent for Stone Farm owner Arthur Hancock III and Stonerside Stable, the 3-year-old mare was the object of spirited bidding until she was hammered down to Classic Star for $4-million.
Most Popular Stories
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm