Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
ClassicStar, a venture that involves the leasing of mares, is continuing to operate after an announcement that David Plummer and his son, Spencer, are no longer associated with the outfit.
Angel Fever, the dam of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, has died as a result of injuries she sustained in a paddock accident on Jan. 30 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm in Paris, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
Bless, a full sister to Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus in foal to leading sire Storm Cat was expected to bring a big price at Tuesday's session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale. Consigned by Stone Farm, as agent for Stone Farm owner Arthur Hancock III and Stonerside Stable, the 3-year-old mare was the object of spirited bidding until she was hammered down to Classic Star for $4-million.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief