Orfevre, expected favorite in his title defense in the June 23 Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), was withdrawn from the race after the 2011 Triple Crown champion bled following training June 13.
Just days before the Breeders' Cup board of directors conducted a vote on Salix use at its world championships, prominent owners Gary and Mary West threatened litigation against the organization.
Racing consultant Earl Ola talks about the relationship between conditioning and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging (EIPH), also known as bleeding read blog
The pros and cons of race-day medication in racehorses were debated Nov. 14 during a lengthy meeting of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Race Day Medication Committee at the state Capitol.
A South African study showed a strong heritability between some stallions and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging, also known as bleeding.
Jockey Randy Meier broke his shoulder and a rib Monday at Hawthorne after his mount Demon Like bled and collapsed. Both jockey and horse are recovering.
Scientists at the University of California-Davis have uncovered new information that might explain why horses bleed internally when they exercise.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park