Orfevre, expected favorite in his title defense in the June 23 Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), was withdrawn from the race after the 2011 Triple Crown champion bled following training June 13.
Just days before the Breeders' Cup board of directors conducted a vote on Salix use at its world championships, prominent owners Gary and Mary West threatened litigation against the organization.
Racing consultant Earl Ola talks about the relationship between conditioning and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging (EIPH), also known as bleeding read blog
The pros and cons of race-day medication in racehorses were debated Nov. 14 during a lengthy meeting of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Race Day Medication Committee at the state Capitol.
A South African study showed a strong heritability between some stallions and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging, also known as bleeding.
Jockey Randy Meier broke his shoulder and a rib Monday at Hawthorne after his mount Demon Like bled and collapsed. Both jockey and horse are recovering.
Scientists at the University of California-Davis have uncovered new information that might explain why horses bleed internally when they exercise.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks