A study that will research the efficacy of aminocaproic acid and conjugated estrogens as treatments for the prevention of exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage (EIPH) in horses has been selected to receive a one-year, $75,000 grant.
The symbol (L) is widely used in racing programs to inform the betting public that a horse has been treated with the bleeder medication Salix (formerly known as Lasix). But visitors to Maryland for the Preakness might notice something different.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Inc. Names Carstanjen CEO
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Ohio Moves to Increase Losing Mount Fees
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time