A study that will research the efficacy of aminocaproic acid and conjugated estrogens as treatments for the prevention of exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage (EIPH) in horses has been selected to receive a one-year, $75,000 grant.
The symbol (L) is widely used in racing programs to inform the betting public that a horse has been treated with the bleeder medication Salix (formerly known as Lasix). But visitors to Maryland for the Preakness might notice something different.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer