Graded stakes winners Blazonry and Southern Africa will stand in 2009 at Randy Leighton's Running Horse Farm near Stevinson, Calif.
Blazonry, a grade II-winning sprinter by Hennessy, will enter stud at Rick Trontz' Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Ten Most Wanted, runner-up in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), worked six furlongs in a bullet 1:11.80 Thursday for trainer Wally Dollase to signal his readiness for a return in the $400,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. Ii) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on July 13.
John D. Gunther's Eye of the Tiger was in good shape Tuesday morning, two days after earning his first stakes win in the Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Blazonry, winner of the Laz Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) in his last start on May 26, worked six furlongs in a bullet 1:11.60 Sunday at Santa Anita for the $100,000-added Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds June 21 at Hollywood Park.
Sanford Robertson's Blazonry took advantage of a hotly contested pace with a six-wide move from near the rear of the pack to win the $150,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old sprinters at Hollywood Park Monday.
McCann's Mojave could have a bright future after the promising sophomore colt ran his unbeaten record to three, prevailing by a head in a $66,080 allowance race at one mile on the dirt at Santa Anita Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti