Too Much Bling made a three wide move on the turn and took command in the final furlong to post a two-length win as the prohibitive 1-2 favorite in Saturday's $300,000 Carry Back (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course's Summit of Speed.
After Lost in the Fog invaded from California to win the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) in 2005, the six-furlong Summit of Speed test has a strong California presence once again in this year's renewal. Too Much Bling and Northern Soldier are the probable favorites in the field eight 3-year-olds.
Ralph C. Sessa's Blazing Rate nailed a resolute In Summation in the final stride to win the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes, spoiling the previously undefeated colt's bid to sweep the series on Saturday during Calder's $1.6 million Festival of the Sun card.
Waterford Farm's In Summation and William Condren and Michael Sherman's Running Lass will be aiming to sweep their respective Florida Stallion Stakes series Saturday at Calder Race Course, highlighting the $1.6 million Festival of the Sun program.
Grade II winner Exchange Rate was represented by his first stakes winner when his son Blazing Rate won the $126,375 Foolish Pleasure Breeders' Cup Stakes Sept. 24.
Mia's Reflection rallied to beat A Sea Trippi by two lengths Saturday in the $150,000 Brave Raj Breeders' Cup Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course.
Waterford Farm's undefeated 2-year-old colt In Summation and William Condren and Michael Sherman's brilliant 2-year-old filly Running Lass will be solid favorites to win their respective divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes (FSS) series Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks