Too Much Bling made a three wide move on the turn and took command in the final furlong to post a two-length win as the prohibitive 1-2 favorite in Saturday's $300,000 Carry Back (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course's Summit of Speed.
After Lost in the Fog invaded from California to win the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) in 2005, the six-furlong Summit of Speed test has a strong California presence once again in this year's renewal. Too Much Bling and Northern Soldier are the probable favorites in the field eight 3-year-olds.
Ralph C. Sessa's Blazing Rate nailed a resolute In Summation in the final stride to win the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes, spoiling the previously undefeated colt's bid to sweep the series on Saturday during Calder's $1.6 million Festival of the Sun card.
Waterford Farm's In Summation and William Condren and Michael Sherman's Running Lass will be aiming to sweep their respective Florida Stallion Stakes series Saturday at Calder Race Course, highlighting the $1.6 million Festival of the Sun program.
Grade II winner Exchange Rate was represented by his first stakes winner when his son Blazing Rate won the $126,375 Foolish Pleasure Breeders' Cup Stakes Sept. 24.
Mia's Reflection rallied to beat A Sea Trippi by two lengths Saturday in the $150,000 Brave Raj Breeders' Cup Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course.
Waterford Farm's undefeated 2-year-old colt In Summation and William Condren and Michael Sherman's brilliant 2-year-old filly Running Lass will be solid favorites to win their respective divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes (FSS) series Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory