Starcraft, the "Aussie Machine", rolled to an impressive three-quarters of a length victory over Dubawi in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. Christophe Lemaire, a French jockey with no previous riding experience at the British course, gave his better-known counterparts a lesson in tactical riding.
Although it has drawn only six entrants, the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Saturday is overflowing with talent. The lone 3-year-old, Dubawi, leads a quality field.
Soviet Song attempts to bridge a 17-year gap by becoming the first filly since Milligram in 1987 to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes- Sponsored by Netjets (Eng-I) at Britain's Ascot Racecourse Saturday.
Local favorite Le Vie dei Colori collared the leaders two furlongs from home and battled Godolphin's Blatant to the line for a half-length victory in the Premio Vittorio di Capua (Ity-I)at San Siro, Milan, Sunday.
Bidding for his second group I victory of the season, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing faces 10 foes in the Queen Anne Stakes Tuesday, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David