Starcraft, the "Aussie Machine", rolled to an impressive three-quarters of a length victory over Dubawi in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday. Christophe Lemaire, a French jockey with no previous riding experience at the British course, gave his better-known counterparts a lesson in tactical riding.
Although it has drawn only six entrants, the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Saturday is overflowing with talent. The lone 3-year-old, Dubawi, leads a quality field.
Soviet Song attempts to bridge a 17-year gap by becoming the first filly since Milligram in 1987 to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes- Sponsored by Netjets (Eng-I) at Britain's Ascot Racecourse Saturday.
Local favorite Le Vie dei Colori collared the leaders two furlongs from home and battled Godolphin's Blatant to the line for a half-length victory in the Premio Vittorio di Capua (Ity-I)at San Siro, Milan, Sunday.
Bidding for his second group I victory of the season, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing faces 10 foes in the Queen Anne Stakes Tuesday, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth