Juvenile colt stamps himself as one of Australia's most valuable stallion prospects.
Jockey Blake Shinn capped a memorable five-win day at Doomben May 9 aboard Hot Snitzel, a 6-year-old gelding who got his breakthrough group I win in the BTC Cup.
Godolphin's Hartnell caused a sensation prior to the start of The BMW (Aus-I) March 28 at Rosehill Gardens, but eventually proved a decisive winner over Japanese raider and favorite To the World.
In what is expected to be her final season of racing, Streama tallied the fourth group I win of her sparkling career by reeling in pacesetter Leebaz to take the Doomben Cup May 17 by three-quarters of a length.
The Australian-bred filly Melito became the first horse to qualify for the 2010 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) through the international Breeders' Cup Challenge series by winning the Darley TJ Smith Stakes April 10
Count Ricardo, an $800 (Australian funds) yearling, defeated a trio of experienced northern hemisphere campaigners to easily win a soggy edition of the $500,000 Sandown Classic (Aust-II) Nov 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test