Jockey Blake Shinn capped a memorable five-win day at Doomben May 9 aboard Hot Snitzel, a 6-year-old gelding who got his breakthrough group I win in the BTC Cup.
Godolphin's Hartnell caused a sensation prior to the start of The BMW (Aus-I) March 28 at Rosehill Gardens, but eventually proved a decisive winner over Japanese raider and favorite To the World.
In what is expected to be her final season of racing, Streama tallied the fourth group I win of her sparkling career by reeling in pacesetter Leebaz to take the Doomben Cup May 17 by three-quarters of a length.
The Australian-bred filly Melito became the first horse to qualify for the 2010 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) through the international Breeders' Cup Challenge series by winning the Darley TJ Smith Stakes April 10
Count Ricardo, an $800 (Australian funds) yearling, defeated a trio of experienced northern hemisphere campaigners to easily win a soggy edition of the $500,000 Sandown Classic (Aust-II) Nov 13.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Longform: Undercover Advocates