Odds-on favorite Sunset Glow bulled her way between horses at the top of the stretch to get the lead and repelled the determined rally of Her Emmynency to capture the $300,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) Aug. 30.
Frac Daddy was scratched from the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) due to a tendon injury Aug. 23, but it remains unclear a day later how the Scat Daddy colt hurt himself.
Judy the Beauty, game runner-up in last fall's Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I), began what Wesley Ward hopes is a championship campaign with a sharp win in Santa Anita's $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) March 9.
Florida-based Judy the Beauty heads a field of five for the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) March 9 at Santa Anita Park, her first start since the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) last fall.
Moving Desert, a 2-year-old filly by Desert Code became her sire's first winner July 17, capturing her maiden by three lengths in a five-furlong sprint over Del Mar's Polytrak.
Popular Santa Anita Park horn blower Jay Cohen expects to be gone from the Southern California track for about two weeks for surgery on a painful neck ailment.
Outrider Blake Heap, also a longtime Southern California trainer, was at his Monrovia home Feb. 3, five days after suffering multiple injuries in a training mishap at Santa Anita five days earlier.
Team Valor's Omega Code, forced to miss Saturday's San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita due to a foot bruise, is training and may work again as soon as Tuesday, according to Blake Heap, assistant to trainer Wesley Ward.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding