The median rose 33% as Keeneland's January sale ended four days of lively trade. Graded winner Scatman topped the final session at $135,000, and plans are to keep him in training.
The second of four sessions saw declines across the board when compared with an equivalent session last year that featured two million-dollar horses.
Divine Park colt brings $110,000 to top the 10th session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20. With one session remaining, business has remained strong compared to year-ago numbers.
Black Witch, a daughter of Majestic Warrior, was purchased by Hill 'n' Dale Sales for $400,000, the co-highest price at the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Blake Agency's Ron Blake and Lexington-based bloodstock agent Hanzly Albina are combining their business interests and are forming a new company called Blake-Albina Thoroughbred Services.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer