The median rose 33% as Keeneland's January sale ended four days of lively trade. Graded winner Scatman topped the final session at $135,000, and plans are to keep him in training.
The second of four sessions saw declines across the board when compared with an equivalent session last year that featured two million-dollar horses.
Divine Park colt brings $110,000 to top the 10th session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20. With one session remaining, business has remained strong compared to year-ago numbers.
Black Witch, a daughter of Majestic Warrior, was purchased by Hill 'n' Dale Sales for $400,000, the co-highest price at the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Blake Agency's Ron Blake and Lexington-based bloodstock agent Hanzly Albina are combining their business interests and are forming a new company called Blake-Albina Thoroughbred Services.
Most Popular Stories
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic
- R Sassy Lass Tops OBS Racing Card Tuesday
- Able Friend Storms to Stewards' Cup Triumph
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup