California-bred Grey Memo romped to a 3 1/2-length win in the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) Saturday night at Nad Al Sheba, completing the distance in 1:36.69 on a fast track and under Gary Stevens.
Kirk and Judy Robison's I Love Silver rallied from last place to win Friday's $75,300 Skywalker Handicap at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting by two lengths over Bosque Redondo. Millennium Wind, the 17-10 favorite, was never a factor in finishing last in his first outing since the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Millennium Wind, unraced since an 11th-place effort in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), makes his return to the track in today's $74,000 Skywalker Handicap over a flat mile at Santa Anita. The Cryptoclearance colt captured the grade I Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland by a front-running 5 1/4 lengths under Laffit Pincay Jr., who shows up on his back again today.
Hal J. Earnhardt's El Corredor returned from a lengthy layoff to win the $150,000 Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) on Sunday at Del Mar.
Trainers Bobby Frankel and Craig Dollase each sent out a pair of horses to run in Sunday's $500,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) and then watched as their horses filled the top four finishing positions in the Hollywood Park race.
Raza Stable's Blade Prospector set the early fractions and drew away in the stretch when challenged by favored Dixie Dot Com to win the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) by 2 1/2 lengths on Saturday at Golden Gate Fields. Under Omar Berrio, the Brazilian-bred completed the one-mile race in 1:34.18 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return