Sent to post at odds of 29-1 in a field of 11 for the 1 1/16-mile event, Hay Dakota was third-to-last at the top of the stretch but swung wide to deliver his late kick and outran Bondurant at the finish to stop the clock in 1:43.60 over firm turf.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The Saratoga season of 2003 is one New York Racing Association officials will not soon forget, and for good reason. They overcame numerous obstacles to post record numbers at what most people acknowledge is American racing's most important meeting.
- By Victor Ryan
The worst power outage in North American history has resulted in cancelled races and significant handle losses for tracks throughout the Northeast and Midwest.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Tapits Dominate Fasig-Tipton Pinhook Prospects
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award