Sent to post at odds of 29-1 in a field of 11 for the 1 1/16-mile event, Hay Dakota was third-to-last at the top of the stretch but swung wide to deliver his late kick and outran Bondurant at the finish to stop the clock in 1:43.60 over firm turf.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The Saratoga season of 2003 is one New York Racing Association officials will not soon forget, and for good reason. They overcame numerous obstacles to post record numbers at what most people acknowledge is American racing's most important meeting.
- By Victor Ryan
The worst power outage in North American history has resulted in cancelled races and significant handle losses for tracks throughout the Northeast and Midwest.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm