Sean Avery, a grade I winner at Saratoga, has been retired from racing and will reside at Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky.
Grade I winner Sean Avery returned to action following a 13-month layoff to capture the minor Affiliate Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths on opening day of the fall meet at Belmont Park Sept. 8.
Front-running Sean Avery, under all-out pressure from jockey Joe Bravo, nosed odds-on choice Trappe Shot to produce a 17-1 stunner in the $250,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 7.
Gantry set a Belmont Park inner turf course record June 23, covering six furlongs in 1:06.87 when winning a $52,000 optional claimer for 3-year-olds and up.
Most Popular Stories
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck