Without Flashpoint, the $150,000 Swale (gr. II) drew a wide-open field of six 3-year-old sprinters April 3 at Gulfstream Park.
Lesser-known horses can take their first major steps towards Derby contention with a goood showing at Gulfstream Saturday.
Crossbow will get a chance to put his sprinting ability to the test Feb. 26 when he faces a tough field in the $150,000 Hutcheson (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Leo Azpurua Sr.'s 3-year-old Manicero, a winner of four consecutive starts, appears likely to try and run his streak to five this weekend in the $150,000, seven-furlong Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
The withdrawal of Boys At Tosconova leaves a wide open field of nine sophomores to contest the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30, the first major step toward the Florida Derby (gr. I) this spring.
Mucho Macho Man worked a sharp five furlongs in :59 flat on the morning of Jan. 23 at Gulfstream Park for trainer Kathy Ritvo in preparation for his 2011 debut in the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) in one week.
Dale Romans has four promising 3-year-olds and high hopes for Paddy O'Prado and First Dude. Read Blog
Zayat Stables' Black N Beauty probably earned himself a ticket to the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) with a solid victory in a $51,500 allowance test for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Jan. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion