Bridlewood Farm stallion Black Mambo was euthanized Dec. 9 after suffering from a severe case of EPM.
Stakes-placed Black Mambo came through with his first winner when his son King Combo won June 20 at Calder Race Course.
Indian Halo, a Halo mare that produced grade III winner Indian Ocean, sold for $240,000 to top all prices Wednesday in the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company Fall Mixed Sale.
Black Mambo, a stakes-placed son of Kingmambo from the family of A.P. Indy and Summer Squall, will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla., for a fee of $5,000 live foal.
Donamire Farm's 7-year-old Twilight Road with regular rider Phil Teator aboard will be the horse to beat in a field of 11 for the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Brisnet.com Ultimate Guide to Aqueduct Inner
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics