Bridlewood Farm stallion Black Mambo was euthanized Dec. 9 after suffering from a severe case of EPM.
Stakes-placed Black Mambo came through with his first winner when his son King Combo won June 20 at Calder Race Course.
Indian Halo, a Halo mare that produced grade III winner Indian Ocean, sold for $240,000 to top all prices Wednesday in the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company Fall Mixed Sale.
Black Mambo, a stakes-placed son of Kingmambo from the family of A.P. Indy and Summer Squall, will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla., for a fee of $5,000 live foal.
Donamire Farm's 7-year-old Twilight Road with regular rider Phil Teator aboard will be the horse to beat in a field of 11 for the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby