Bridlewood Farm stallion Black Mambo was euthanized Dec. 9 after suffering from a severe case of EPM.
Stakes-placed Black Mambo came through with his first winner when his son King Combo won June 20 at Calder Race Course.
Indian Halo, a Halo mare that produced grade III winner Indian Ocean, sold for $240,000 to top all prices Wednesday in the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company Fall Mixed Sale.
Black Mambo, a stakes-placed son of Kingmambo from the family of A.P. Indy and Summer Squall, will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla., for a fee of $5,000 live foal.
Donamire Farm's 7-year-old Twilight Road with regular rider Phil Teator aboard will be the horse to beat in a field of 11 for the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista