Bridlewood Farm stallion Black Mambo was euthanized Dec. 9 after suffering from a severe case of EPM.
Stakes-placed Black Mambo came through with his first winner when his son King Combo won June 20 at Calder Race Course.
Indian Halo, a Halo mare that produced grade III winner Indian Ocean, sold for $240,000 to top all prices Wednesday in the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company Fall Mixed Sale.
Black Mambo, a stakes-placed son of Kingmambo from the family of A.P. Indy and Summer Squall, will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla., for a fee of $5,000 live foal.
Donamire Farm's 7-year-old Twilight Road with regular rider Phil Teator aboard will be the horse to beat in a field of 11 for the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Whitney
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ