The Maryland Jockey Club announced that total handle for Black-Eyed Susan Day May 15 was $18.5 million, the highest total handle for the card in 10 years and topping last year's handle of $11.3 million by 63%.
The Maryland Jockey Club Feb. 19 announced the return of Black-Eyed Susan Day's "Ultimate Girls' Day Out," celebrating the spirit and strength of women May 15 at Pimlico Race Course.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced that Counting Crows, The Fray, and Annie Bosko will perform live in the public infield at Pimlico Race Course, beginning in the late afternoon May 16, Black-Eyed Susan day.
Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will again partner to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day, Friday, May 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm