The Maryland Jockey Club announced that total handle for Black-Eyed Susan Day May 15 was $18.5 million, the highest total handle for the card in 10 years and topping last year's handle of $11.3 million by 63%.
The Maryland Jockey Club Feb. 19 announced the return of Black-Eyed Susan Day's "Ultimate Girls' Day Out," celebrating the spirit and strength of women May 15 at Pimlico Race Course.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced that Counting Crows, The Fray, and Annie Bosko will perform live in the public infield at Pimlico Race Course, beginning in the late afternoon May 16, Black-Eyed Susan day.
Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will again partner to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day, Friday, May 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile