The inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Nov. 10, 1984, had more drama than even John Gaines could have envisioned when he conceived the World Championships.
Bill Allen, whose colt Wild Again won the inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died July 16 at his Las Vegas home.
Syndicate manager Robert Clay announced today that Three Chimneys stallion Wild Again is being retired due to declining fertility.
Solid. Consistent. Hard-knocking. Those terms have been used time and time again by breeders and owners to describe Wild Again's runners. Now it's time to add classic-winning to the list.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Lieblong New Chair for Arkansas Regulator
- Summit of Speed Preview Set for Gulfstream