Chautauqua unleashed his trademark burst of speed with less than a furlong to run down Flemington's famed straight and snatched victory in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 20.
With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
Demonstrating she still has the competitive fire that has made her a living legend, Black Caviar took her unbeaten record to 23 victories Feb. 16 at Flemington in record time in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
After nearly eight months since her nail-biting victory at Royal Ascot, Black Caviar makes her long-awaited return to racing on Feb. 16 at Flemington in a race named in her honor, the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off