Chautauqua unleashed his trademark burst of speed with less than a furlong to run down Flemington's famed straight and snatched victory in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 20.
With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
Demonstrating she still has the competitive fire that has made her a living legend, Black Caviar took her unbeaten record to 23 victories Feb. 16 at Flemington in record time in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
After nearly eight months since her nail-biting victory at Royal Ascot, Black Caviar makes her long-awaited return to racing on Feb. 16 at Flemington in a race named in her honor, the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses