Northwestern jockey Sandi Gann announced her retirement Aug. 29. She is the first woman to win a riding title at Turf Paradise.
Black Bart, vanned off the Hollywood Park track with a hock injury after taking a bad step in the stretch run of Saturday's Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), was euthanized.
Six-year-old gelding Truly a Judge was in control from the outset of Saturday's $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), winning his first graded stakes comfortably at Hollywood Park.
Florida invader Dynever, third in the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), heads a field of eleven in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles Saturday.
Black Bart, a $16,000 claim who has earned $219,909 for his new connections in about six months, goes after his first graded victory on Sunday in Hollywood Park's $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Irish Warrior, under a well-timed ride from Emile Ramsammy, nipped Black Bart by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Turf Paradise Breeders' Cup Handicap at 1 1/16 mile on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Red Sailed into the Sunset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion