Northwestern jockey Sandi Gann announced her retirement Aug. 29. She is the first woman to win a riding title at Turf Paradise.
Black Bart, vanned off the Hollywood Park track with a hock injury after taking a bad step in the stretch run of Saturday's Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), was euthanized.
Six-year-old gelding Truly a Judge was in control from the outset of Saturday's $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), winning his first graded stakes comfortably at Hollywood Park.
Florida invader Dynever, third in the 2003 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), heads a field of eleven in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles Saturday.
Black Bart, a $16,000 claim who has earned $219,909 for his new connections in about six months, goes after his first graded victory on Sunday in Hollywood Park's $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Irish Warrior, under a well-timed ride from Emile Ramsammy, nipped Black Bart by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Turf Paradise Breeders' Cup Handicap at 1 1/16 mile on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory