Golden Ransom, a 10-year-old son of Hennessy, will stand in 2010 at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerta Equine near Roswell, N.M., for a fee of $2,000.
Mine That Bird, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived back at Churchill Downs Monday morning after his third-place finish in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Visitors to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum May 3, the day after the 135th "Run for the Roses" got a surprise gift from the team behind Mine That Bird, the 50-1 longshot who won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On a cool, wet May 3 morning in the barn area of Churchill Downs, the owners and trainer of Mine That Bird were basking in the limelight while still trying to absorb what had transpired the previous day when the 3-year-old gelding posted a stunning 6 3/4-length victory over Pioneerof the Nile in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Bay Head King, a multiple stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerte Equine near Roswell, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work