Golden Ransom, a 10-year-old son of Hennessy, will stand in 2010 at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerta Equine near Roswell, N.M., for a fee of $2,000.
Mine That Bird, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived back at Churchill Downs Monday morning after his third-place finish in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Visitors to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum May 3, the day after the 135th "Run for the Roses" got a surprise gift from the team behind Mine That Bird, the 50-1 longshot who won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On a cool, wet May 3 morning in the barn area of Churchill Downs, the owners and trainer of Mine That Bird were basking in the limelight while still trying to absorb what had transpired the previous day when the 3-year-old gelding posted a stunning 6 3/4-length victory over Pioneerof the Nile in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Bay Head King, a multiple stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerte Equine near Roswell, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga