Golden Ransom, a 10-year-old son of Hennessy, will stand in 2010 at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerta Equine near Roswell, N.M., for a fee of $2,000.
Mine That Bird, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived back at Churchill Downs Monday morning after his third-place finish in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Visitors to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum May 3, the day after the 135th "Run for the Roses" got a surprise gift from the team behind Mine That Bird, the 50-1 longshot who won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On a cool, wet May 3 morning in the barn area of Churchill Downs, the owners and trainer of Mine That Bird were basking in the limelight while still trying to absorb what had transpired the previous day when the 3-year-old gelding posted a stunning 6 3/4-length victory over Pioneerof the Nile in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Bay Head King, a multiple stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerte Equine near Roswell, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Filly Fly By Night Captures Mercury Sprint
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore