Golden Ransom, a 10-year-old son of Hennessy, will stand in 2010 at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerta Equine near Roswell, N.M., for a fee of $2,000.
Mine That Bird, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived back at Churchill Downs Monday morning after his third-place finish in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Visitors to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum May 3, the day after the 135th "Run for the Roses" got a surprise gift from the team behind Mine That Bird, the 50-1 longshot who won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On a cool, wet May 3 morning in the barn area of Churchill Downs, the owners and trainer of Mine That Bird were basking in the limelight while still trying to absorb what had transpired the previous day when the 3-year-old gelding posted a stunning 6 3/4-length victory over Pioneerof the Nile in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Bay Head King, a multiple stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerte Equine near Roswell, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita