Golden Ransom, a 10-year-old son of Hennessy, will stand in 2010 at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerta Equine near Roswell, N.M., for a fee of $2,000.
Mine That Bird, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived back at Churchill Downs Monday morning after his third-place finish in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Visitors to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum May 3, the day after the 135th "Run for the Roses" got a surprise gift from the team behind Mine That Bird, the 50-1 longshot who won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On a cool, wet May 3 morning in the barn area of Churchill Downs, the owners and trainer of Mine That Bird were basking in the limelight while still trying to absorb what had transpired the previous day when the 3-year-old gelding posted a stunning 6 3/4-length victory over Pioneerof the Nile in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Bay Head King, a multiple stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerte Equine near Roswell, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run