Golden Ransom, a 10-year-old son of Hennessy, will stand in 2010 at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerta Equine near Roswell, N.M., for a fee of $2,000.
Mine That Bird, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived back at Churchill Downs Monday morning after his third-place finish in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Visitors to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum May 3, the day after the 135th "Run for the Roses" got a surprise gift from the team behind Mine That Bird, the 50-1 longshot who won the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
On a cool, wet May 3 morning in the barn area of Churchill Downs, the owners and trainer of Mine That Bird were basking in the limelight while still trying to absorb what had transpired the previous day when the 3-year-old gelding posted a stunning 6 3/4-length victory over Pioneerof the Nile in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Bay Head King, a multiple stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Dr. Leonard Blach's Buena Suerte Equine near Roswell, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014