Fond, a two-time stakes winner at Aqueduct, has been retired from racing with a record of three wins from 11 races and earnings of $113,661.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has re-elected Gary Biszantz as chairman of its board of trustees. It will mark the fourth term for Biszantz. The action was taken Aug. 13 during the organization's annual board meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Gary Biszantz was re-elected chairman of its board of trustees for the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association Friday. Also joining Biszantz on the Board of Trustees to serve three-year terms as new members are Bill Casner, Stuart Janney III, and Trudy McCaffrey.
Old Trieste, a graded stakes winner who earned $847,944, was euthanized Jan. 2 due to acute laminitis.
ReRun held its second auction of the trademarked Moneigh paintings on Oct. 11, raising nearly $60,000 in an hour from the sale of the equine-created works of art.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale finished down just slightly in gross and average, but showed an increase in median price and had fewer buy backs. All in all, pleasing results in a down market.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association honored owners and breeders at its annual awards dinner.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised a record $325,000 Monday evening at a dinner auction at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Friday the election of Gary Biszantz as chairman of its board of trustees. Joining Biszantz on the board for three-year terms as new members will be John Amerman, John Ed Anthony, Cot Campbell, Bob Courtney Jr., Willian Heiligbrodt, R.D. Hubbard, Eugene Melnyk, Debby Oxley, George Strawbridge, Kenny Trout, Tom Van Meter, and Charlotte Weber.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager