Canadian drug maker Biovail Corp., which was formerly headed by prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder Eugene Melnyk, agreed March 24 to pay a $10-million fine to resolve federal regulators' charges of civil accounting fraud and deceiving investors and analysts.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has opened an informal inquiry into the accounting and financial-reporting practices of Eugene Melnyk's pharmaceutical company Biovail Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Let the Breeders' Cup Handicapping Begin!