Canadian drug maker Biovail Corp., which was formerly headed by prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder Eugene Melnyk, agreed March 24 to pay a $10-million fine to resolve federal regulators' charges of civil accounting fraud and deceiving investors and analysts.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has opened an informal inquiry into the accounting and financial-reporting practices of Eugene Melnyk's pharmaceutical company Biovail Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory