Biosecurity, racetrack geometry, and best-practice turf management are among topics to be discussed at the 16th annual Track Superintendents Conference, set for June 11-13 at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, Minn., near Minneapolis.
Updates on the Equine Injury Database and compounded medications are part of the agenda for the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit June 28 at the Keeneland sale pavilion in Lexington.
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities and the World Animal Health Organization said July 16 they signed an affiliation agreement designed to improve the international movement of racehorses.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother