Thoroughbred breeder James Tafel, who bred and raced Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Street Sense, will disperse his breeding stock during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 6-16 in Lexington.
James Tafel's homebred Softly was doing fine Sunday after her upset victory in the 17th running of the Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II) and the 4-year-old daughter of Binalong will apparently aim at the $250,000 Falls City Handicap at Churchill on Thanksgiving Day.
Softly pulls the upset in a tough rendition of the Churchill Downs Distaff.
Randy Russell has purchased stakes winner Binalong and will stand the 12-year-old stallion at his Randy Russell Racing Stable near Mt. Pleasant, Mich., for a fee of $3,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina