Thoroughbred breeder James Tafel, who bred and raced Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Street Sense, will disperse his breeding stock during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 6-16 in Lexington.
James Tafel's homebred Softly was doing fine Sunday after her upset victory in the 17th running of the Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II) and the 4-year-old daughter of Binalong will apparently aim at the $250,000 Falls City Handicap at Churchill on Thanksgiving Day.
Softly pulls the upset in a tough rendition of the Churchill Downs Distaff.
Randy Russell has purchased stakes winner Binalong and will stand the 12-year-old stallion at his Randy Russell Racing Stable near Mt. Pleasant, Mich., for a fee of $3,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud