Thoroughbred breeder James Tafel, who bred and raced Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Street Sense, will disperse his breeding stock during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 6-16 in Lexington.
James Tafel's homebred Softly was doing fine Sunday after her upset victory in the 17th running of the Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II) and the 4-year-old daughter of Binalong will apparently aim at the $250,000 Falls City Handicap at Churchill on Thanksgiving Day.
Softly pulls the upset in a tough rendition of the Churchill Downs Distaff.
Randy Russell has purchased stakes winner Binalong and will stand the 12-year-old stallion at his Randy Russell Racing Stable near Mt. Pleasant, Mich., for a fee of $3,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race