Thoroughbred breeder James Tafel, who bred and raced Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Street Sense, will disperse his breeding stock during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 6-16 in Lexington.
James Tafel's homebred Softly was doing fine Sunday after her upset victory in the 17th running of the Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II) and the 4-year-old daughter of Binalong will apparently aim at the $250,000 Falls City Handicap at Churchill on Thanksgiving Day.
Softly pulls the upset in a tough rendition of the Churchill Downs Distaff.
Randy Russell has purchased stakes winner Binalong and will stand the 12-year-old stallion at his Randy Russell Racing Stable near Mt. Pleasant, Mich., for a fee of $3,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges