Despite missing nearly three months of time due to a injuries, DeShawn Parker led all jockeys in wins in 2010, the first time he has accomplished that feat during his long career.
DeShawn Parker, the winningest African-American jockey in Thoroughbred history, reached a career milestone the night of Aug. 17 when he scored the 3,000th victory of his career. Parker won the first race at Mountaineer Park, rallying Wildcat Cat to a narrow victory in a 4 1/2-furlong dash on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown