Fistfite, a son of Two Punch, died of a heart attack July 25. The 11-year-old stallion was standing in Kansas but was to stand in 2010 at the farm of his owner, Dr. Warren Center.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training soared to new heights, recording the highest gross revenue and average price in its history during a two-day run that ended Tuesday in Maryland.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board has disciplined a trainer, assistant trainer, and veterinarian for two tranquilizers found in the system of Vagabond Saint following a second-place finish in the second race at Aqueduct April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off