Turfway Park struggled to fill fields early in the meet and missed a big-handle day in the Kentucky Cup Day of Champions as handle and purses fell at the fall meet.
All-sources pari-mutuel handle on Turfway Park races during its winter/spring meet dropped 11.2%, while ontrack handle on live racing was down 16.5%, track officials said April 2.
Trainer Joe Woodard won his 1,000th race Tuesday, Oct. 11, when he saddled Just Call'er to victory in the eighth race at Beulah Park.
Turfway Park, which cut six racing dates and all but one stakes race, reported a slight increase in average daily on-track wagering and a decline in other handle categories during the 16-day fall meet that ended Oct. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch