Dynamic Host, claimed for $40,000 last summer, became a graded stakes winner when he held off British import Dhaamer by a neck in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) at Santa Anita Mach 24.
A California horse owner who improperly substituted jockey silks in the image of the Confederate Southern Cross for his regular colors has accepted a $1,500 fine and the suspension of his license for the current term.
A hearing into a complaint against a Sacramento, Calif. horse owner charged with improperly substituting jockey silks in the colors of the Confederate flag for a race at Cal Expo was continued to Aug. 26.
A Sacramento horse owner and the silks custodian at Cal Expo are in trouble with the California Horse Racing Board for allowing a horse to improperly race in the colors of the Confederate flag at the state fair meet July 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu Stakes
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song