A public hearing designed to gauge public opinion about a proposal to permit "Instant Racing" type wagering in Kentucky became a faceoff between representatives of the state's horse industry and the Family Foundation.
With the recent trend toward installing synthetic surfaces at racetracks and training centers around the country, Skylight Training Center, located near Louisville, Ky., is the first North American facility to install Pro-Ride Racing, a non-wax-based synthetic surface.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability