A public hearing designed to gauge public opinion about a proposal to permit "Instant Racing" type wagering in Kentucky became a faceoff between representatives of the state's horse industry and the Family Foundation.
With the recent trend toward installing synthetic surfaces at racetracks and training centers around the country, Skylight Training Center, located near Louisville, Ky., is the first North American facility to install Pro-Ride Racing, a non-wax-based synthetic surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- First Winner for Desert Key
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast