The Thoroughbred Owners of California membership has elected Jim Cahill to its board of directors and re-elected five incumbents: Mark Dedomenico, Mike Harrington, Terry Lovingier, Jack Owens, and Bill Strauss.
The board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California unanimously voted to appoint owner William Strauss to fill a vacancy on the board created by the recent resignation of Dennis Cardoza.
Mizdirection defended her title in the $1 million GEICO Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) on Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park, taking down Reneesgotzip and Tightend Touchdown with a brilliant stretch run.
Mizdirection tuned up for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) with a sparkling five furlongs in :57 4/5 Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park with Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith in the irons.
Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) victress Mizdirection returned to the Santa Anita Park lawn with a four-furlong breeze Sept. 20, her second since a brief respite and first since going three furlongs on the Del Mar turf.
Turbulent Descent, who lost a decision to Zazu in last month's Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I), turned the tables on her rival with a neck victory as the even-money favorite in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) March 5.
A stylish debut winner Oct. 3, Turbulent Descent was even more impressive Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park, toying with her five opponents in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- West Point to Sponsor BC Betting Challenge